Finding the estimated value of your house
Any valuation of your house is an estimate. Remember that even a professional appraisal is an opinion. I’m happy to share that there are several ways nowadays to find an estimated value of your home that are in line with your expectations.
If you’re thinking about prepping your home in Shawnee Kansas for sale or have already decided to sell, it’s important to have a good sense of what your home value is in today’s market.
There’s no magic bullet. Your home will only be worth what your potential buyers are willing to pay. Sometimes you will have to wait for offers to know how to price it right.
But with all that said, getting a ballpark figure will really help you have a pretty solid idea on how to price your home. If you price it too high, you may not be able to sell it. If you start too low, you’ll shortchange yourself.
Here are some recommended steps that you can do to increase the value of your property
- Take note which properties in your neighborhood have sold recently (at least for the past 12 months) and if they are similar to yours. Write down their addresses, and review recent sales through public records at the local county recorder’s office or website.
- Bear in mind that some municipalities are several months behind in updating their public databases, so the selling price you see online might be the property’s previous selling price. The date of sale will be listed, so you will know if it is current or not.
- From this information, do a quick comparison of your property to come up with an estimate of your home’s value. Add or subtract value to your home as appropriate. For instance, if your house is the same size as a recently sold property, but the your lot size is much smaller, your property will be less valuable.
- Once you have done the steps above, start working on the physical aspect of your property. Wind up your curb appeal. Improving the curb appeal of your home in Shawnee Kansas is one of the most cost-effective home improvement projects. Paint or power wash your home’s exterior, painting or installing a new garage door, front door or exterior trim work, exterior or landscape lighting, or a simple front yard landscaping spruce-up.
- Replacing your old, dual paned windows for newer windows will make your home look better and it will definitely make your home operate more efficiently and more comfortably. They are also helpful if you have noise challenges around your home, the extra insulation traps noise before it can get to you.
- Learn to be systematic with your things. Consider having custom organizing systems built into your closet, office, pantry, or garage, tailored to your family’s stuff and needs. One of the advantages to owning your home is that you can customize it rather than being forced to fit your things into someone else’s system.
Ask the help of a trusted REALTORⓇ
Don’t just settle for good enough. Look for someone who proactively cares and listens to what you need as a seller or a buyer in Shawnee Kansas. You’re in the right place, all you need is the right home.
This is what you can expect from me when I start working for you.
Call me, Lea Deo, at 913-233-9547. Let’s plan a more exciting future for you!
In case you cannot view this video here, please click the link below to view “What’s My Shawnee Kansas Home Value?” on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkD0AFlBnsI&feature=youtu.be