Category Archives for "Shawnee"
Home is where the heart is so it’s no wonder that when you need to sell your valued property, it’s frequently loaded with a lot of emotional experience. Your decisions may be clouded because of sentimental value.
Selling a property is hard work which is why choosing the right real estate agent who will help you make important decisions is critical and can make a big difference.
If it’s your first time selling a property, you may wonder where to start finding a great agent. Here are some tips on how to spot the best and top real estate agent in Shawnee, KS.
Not all real estate agents are REALTORSⓇ. Both mean they are licensed to sell properties but a REALTORⓇ, since a member of the National Association of REALTORSⓇ or NAR, subscribes to the 17 Articles in the Code of Ethics. It’s a set of standards and commitments that a member must strictly follow.
Keep in mind though that all real estate agents follow certain standards as a practical matter.
Lea Deo, one of the top real estate agents and a REALTORⓇ in Shawnee, KS, has fifteen years of experience and is setting the bar when it comes to committedly helping first-time home sellers, first-time buyers, new construction, relocating and downsizing. Whether it’s selling condos or townhomes, Lea Deo is your go-to person in Shawnee.
She’s an SFR certified and serves in the Agent Leadership Council. She’s also the tech chairman in Shawnee and also the president of Heartland Partners in Caring. This is a charity which focuses on meeting financial needs as a result of an unexpected event.
This only means that Lea Deo works with the intention to look at what a client truly needs and will benefit the most from.
Always visit her page at Shawnee Real Estate Connection to know more about Lea Deo!
• Your state holds a list of licensed and disciplined real estate agents so you may want to check out the state regulatory board.
• Once you’ve picked an agent, ask for a list of recent clients. Find out if the previous properties were similar to yours in price, location, and other relevant features. Filter your searches until you find a specific client with similar house info. Ask how long the homes were on the market.
• Ask for credentials. Find out what trainings and accreditation they have undergone and earned so far. CRS means Certified Residential Specialist for handling the residential real estate. SRES means Senior Real Estate Specialist, a training for helping sellers and buyers in the 50+ age range. SFR is for Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource, a certification given by NAR to help buyers and sellers of distressed properties. These are some of the things you should see on their credentials.
• Look for an agent who’s been licensed for more than five years. A state licensing authority will be able to help you with this information.
• Most buyers start their journey of searching on the internet so look for an agent who uses that effectively. Check out the agent’s current listings or ask for their website. You can also check credible websites such as realtor.com. Does the real estate agent have a good presence there?
It’s worth your time to find a real estate agent and a REALTORⓇ who’s on top of the market. Lea Deo is the first name that comes up when we talk about personality, experience and skill level that fits your needs and will get you excited to be on this journey of selling or buying your home.
Call 913-233-9547 to get a chance to know more about your partner that will help turn your dreams into reality!
In case you cannot view this video here, please click the link below to view Top Real Estate Agent in Shawnee KS on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7UOvV0L1Ag&feature=youtu.be
Charming three bedroom, two bath home for sale in Kansas City, KS. This lovely home built in 1941, is waiting for the right buyer.
The sellers have enjoyed living in their nearly 1,700 square foot home. If you are looking for character in a home, this is it. The beautiful wood floors and carved mantle fireplace greet you in the living room. The owners have an office alcove off the living room. The kitchen/great room is huge and a great gathering space. It features another fireplace and opens to the deck. The master bedroom is large and has new carpet and its own master bath featuring double vanities. Secondary bedrooms have wood floors and are large. The master is separated from the secondary bedrooms for privacy. In addition, there is a full basement for plenty of storage, a two car garage and long driveway. There’s lots of living space in this home.
It’s priced at only $99,000. Call for a private showings. 913-233-9547.
Shawnee is one of the suburbs on the Kansas side that is still seeing new construction. Expansion to the west started happening in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. Although new home construction slowed recently due to the economy, we are seeing building permits going up and new roof tops being built. New homes in Shawnee afford the best for living–all new modern homes in communities with a smaller town feel. Building a new home in Shawnee is a great choice. If you don’t want to make all the decisions yourself, the new home communities in Shawnee offer models and spec homes that are ready for you.
[idx-listings city=”Shawnee” minyear=”2012″ maxyear=”2013″ statuses=”1″ propertytypes=”952,953″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” showlargerphotos=”true”]
To find out specifically which schools serve any given address, use the Johnson County School Locator link here. This will assure that you have up to date information as school boundaries can change. Sometimes due to enrollment numbers, the intuitive answer isn’t always the correct answer.
Shawnee is fortunate in that Shawnee Public Schools including both school districts are highly rated. You can learn more about Shawnee Mission School District here. More information on DeSoto School District is available here.
SEARCH FOR SHAWNEE HOMES FOR SALE BY SHAWNEE PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT